At Leven CE (VC) Primary School we have a raft of initiatives which are
deployed to support children to ‘bridge the gap’ in performance.
The Pupil Premium funding therefore was used to pay for in 2015/16, as appropriate:
- 1 to 1 tuition in English and Maths
- Small Group Work
- Specific intervention programmes e.g supporting children to overcome problems caused by Dyslexia
- Booster Classes in English and Maths
- Additional Teaching Assistant Support
- Social Language Groups
- Music lessons
- School visits and Residential visits
Impact of Pupil Premium
The support put in place, as appropriate, for children receiving free school meals results in most of these children making expected or above expected progress.
Close observation of the results achieved by children receiving free school meals ensures that if a child should show signs of falling behind, they are provided with the necessary support offered by one of our interventions
Pupil Premium Report 2016/17