This page includes useful information for and about our governors.
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to our Leven School Governor web page.
The role of the school governor is both interesting and strategic, as all governors have a wide variety of responsibilities which include the following-:
- To help ensure a clear vision and direction, setting and monitoring aims and policies
- To oversee financial performance
- To hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- To ensure that the buildings are welcoming, safe and warm
- To ensure that the school has high standards regarding pupil behaviour
- To hear appeals and grievances
- To support the process of staff appointment and dismissal
- To ensure that the school’s religious ethos is maintained
- Being a source of challenge and support to the headteacher
As you can see, lots to do. However, we have a variety of people making up the Governing Body. Parents/carers, staff and members of the local community help bring a wide range of skills and perspectives as we work closely with the leadership of the school.
We are delighted with both the Ofsted and SIAMS reports. They both reflect that Leven Primary School is good with outstanding pupil development and welfare. But we don’t sit on our laurels. We all strive to improve the school further.
Acting Chair of Governors